National Account Manager
National Account Manager
Fill out your details below to apply for this job.
Role: National Account Manager
Location: Home Based
Reporting to: Commercial Director
The Account Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of larger customers with a revenue stream typically in excess of £500k per account. You will be responsible for executing FFP’s business strategy and well as developing and implementing specific account plans. Key objectives of the role are to protect and maximise existing customer revenue and profitability, meet business growth targets and increase customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for a portfolio of circa 20 customers and manage FFP’s relationship across these customers.
- Formulate a business plan for each customer account to protect and grow the account in order to meet and exceed annual targets.
- Maximise revenue from existing customer base through new business attainment and expanding volume of current lines.
- Maximise profits from existing customer base through detailed profit analysis and subsequent price management.
- Develop and implement joint strategic plans with key customers addressing topics such as growth, innovation, sustainability and ease of business.
- Understand market trends and FFPs relative position from a SWOT perspective – develop strategic and tactical plans to mitigate risks and leverage opportunities.
- Engage key influential touch points within key strategic accounts and build FFP gravitas via great networking (involve more senior and junior personnel).
- Support and implement the corporate strategies with stake holder interests uppermost.
- Spend as much time with potential customers as possible.
- Monitor competitors in current accounts and near adjacent markets to assess strengths and weaknesses of their offerings and strategy.
- Taking ownership of and responsibility for the strategic development for product and service enhancements through a network of contacts in the customer’s supply chain.
- Drive improved customer satisfaction and engagement with existing customers.
- Deliver high levels of customer satisfaction through a consistent service via targeted customer visits in line with company and customer expectations.
- Manage commercial relationships with customers, streamlining the order to cash cycle.
- Ensure all customer data and communication is recorded accurately within Salesforce and utilise the system to review current performance, generate quality sales leads and plan and implement marketing campaigns in line with FFP’s company strategy.
- Collaborate and maximise relationships with other members of the FFP team.
- Ensure all top 5 customers are visited at least Bi-monthly.
- Retention of existing customer revenue.
- Growth target within own account portfolio.
- Growth target new business.
- Improve average profit contribution within own portfolio of existing customer.
- Develop strategic account plans for all customer within own portfolio.
- Strive for excellence, ‘best in class’ – Net Promoter Score improvement.
Key Interfaces (internal & external):
- New and existing customers
- Industry leaders
- MD, Commercial Director and other Executive Directors
- Senior Management (Operations, Finance, Marketing & HR)
- Influence internal and external stakeholders to deliver business success.
- Drive to achieve business goals and results.
- Work alongside key interfaces to ensure communication, focus and alignment.
- Drives a culture of openness, challenge and creativity.
- Demonstrate passion, tenacity and drive to ensure substantial progress is achieved.
- Creates a culture of excellence where best in class sales and solutions are standard.
Experience, Education, Qualifications and Prerequisites:
- Interpersonal and relationship-building capability.
- Experience of developing new business, selling bespoke packaging preferably into food companies.
- The ability to learn and communicate technical requirements and benefits.
- Experience of Key Account Management.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Computer proficient to analyse data and prepare technical and business presentations (Office, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM etc.).
- In addition you will need to have an outgoing personality with excellent communication skills. You will be self-motivated, determined, confident and resourceful and driven by results. You must enjoy being part of a team.
- Valid driving licence.
- Willing and able to travel significantly in the UK.
Apply Now Back to jobs